WIAFK (CB) - Andrew Carmellini’s Bow Tie Pasta with Tomato, Arugula, and Mozzarella and Mimi Thorrison's Cherry Clafoutis

Here we are back at the weekend and enjoying some french deliciousness!  First we made Cherry Clafoutis from Mimi Thorrison's book A Year in My French Farmhouse.  I believe it is pronounced cla-foo-tee.  If I am wrong please correct me!  Mimi said to leave the cherries unpitted, but to avoid broken teeth, I chose to pit mine.  This was pretty easy to prepare, but I had a hard time getting it out of the pan.  Next time I will line the pan with parchment paper as I think that would help.  It puffed up beautifully in the oven, but when you take it out, it quicky loses its puffiness.

 
 I finally got it onto a plate, and we took two pieces out to taste test.  It was delicious.  My photos really do not do it justice!
 
 
 
Next, we cooked Andrew Carmellini's Bowtie Pasta with Tomato, Arugula and Mozzarella.  This had several steps to go through to get to the finish.  At first I was unclear as to why we were discarding the spices, but after tasting it became clear that the spices were infused in the oil and gave a very rich flavor to the sauce.  I found these beautiful tomatoes at Williams Apple Orchard store nearby.
 
 
I loved how the mozzarella cubes on top of the pasta melted the next day when I reheated it.  Delicious.  This was a very good pasta.
 
 
Kind of looks like Mr. Boulud is looking over my pasta there in the first pic.  I was trying to get a shot of the pasta with the book cover Café Boulud.  Best laid plans do not sometimes pan out. 
 
Check out our website at weekendinafrenchkitchen.com
 
 

 

Comments

Cakelaw said…
The clafoutis looks wonderful. I would love that. I thought the pasta was good though time consuming to prepare.
Tammy said…
I think your photos look awesome! Both are delicious recipes, aren't they?
Arisuchan said…
I love your photos! Take a bit of practice to get everything in the shot that you want. I'm still working on this recipe - it will be our dinner tonight :)
You got the pronunciation of clafoutis correct! ;) Have a great week!
Joan said…
I think your photos were great. I also loved both dishes.
Kayte said…
All of your photos look so great! I really need to work on the whole photo thing. Your beautiful clafoutis inspired me to make it a second time with better results, thanks for lending me your photo so I could see what I was doing wrong. :-) This is why I like cooking/baking with you...someone to compare notes with that won't judge me! lol Your pasta dish looks really wonderful. I really liked it, too. That infused oil was delicious.
Sue said…
Beautiful presentation and photos! I've had the same challenges getting thes out of the pan before so tis time I tried putting a parchment circle on the bottom of the pan after I buttered it, and then buttered that too, and the Clafoutis came out easily. Your pasta looks wonderful...Daniel's book is next on my list to purchase!
Camilla M. Mann said…
I never tried to take the entire clafoutis out of the pan at the same time! That would be difficult, I imagine. I just sliced in the pan and served individually.

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake