Friday, March 7, 2014

Ina Garten's Outrageous Brownies!!

Hello and happy Friday!

This week in our Ina Garten Group we did desserts.  I'm going to a "A Day at the Races" party tonight and I thought what a great time it would be to just make some brownies to take and share.  Plus, if I don't share them, I will eat them all and that much chocolate and butter and sugar cannot be good for anyone!  These beautiful brownies have a pound of butter in them and almost two pounds of chocolate!  I actually halved the recipe and put them in an 8x8 pan so I had to cook them longer than the recipe called for.  Really, what dessert could be better than just some good ole brownies!!  These brownies are rich. . . I'm sure I could not eat a square as large as Ina says to cut them.  I ended up cutting each brownie into four pieces.

After a pretty bad winter for us here in the south, our weather looks great for this weekend and I am planning to enjoy every minute of it I can.   My entire mood lifts when the sun is out.  I get a little gloomy in the cold winter months.

Hope everyone out there is having a great weekend.  Enjoy, laugh, love, and play!!

You can get the recipe by clicking on this link:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/outrageous-brownies-recipe3.html

Here are a few of my blogger friends that also have First Friday recipes.
.
  April 4:  Appetizer/Drinks    May 2:  SSS   June 6:  Main Course   July 4:  Dessert/Other August 1: Appetizer/Drinks   Sept 5: SSS  Oct 3:  Main Course Nov 7: Dessert/Other  Dec 5:  Appetizer/Drinks 
SSS= Soup, Salad, or Side
.
Want to join our group?  If you’d like to blog each month, email Alyce at afmorgan53@yahoo.com for further information.  If you’d like to join in just once in a while, click on the linky at the end of the post and follow the prompts the first Friday of any month.  Please link Ina recipes only!  Thanks!!


7 comments:

Alyce said...

There isn't such as thing as too much chocolate or too much butter; these brownies look outrageously good, Peggy! Enjoy them and the beautiful weather you'll have this weekend. Freezing drizzle here--ugh!

Mia said...

Peggy, what state are you in? New Mexico?
Brownies are good any time...not just when you're waiting for the sun to come out.
mireya @myhealthyeatinghabits

Cheese with Noodles said...

Yummy, look at those! My original plan was to make these brownies sans nuts and coffee, and add a peppermint frosting and chocolate ganache on top for a St Paddy's Day treat :)

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

These are hands down the best brownies I've ever had...

Mary said...

This was my first choice until the salted caramel caught my eye! I love these! See you next month.

Mary

Ansh Dhar said...

Oh gooey goodness! Love them!

thelady8home said...

I have to agree, the brownies are outrageous!!! They look gorgeous, and I am sure taste fabulous!!