Chicken and Corn Chowder

I think because the weather here has been unbelievably cold, I have been in soup mode.  Last week I made Ina Garten's Leek and Potato soup.  Yesterday I made a chowder that I have not made in probably 25 years.  We really enjoyed it for dinner last night so I thought I would share with you.  It's really creamy and tasty.


Here is the recipe.  I used rotisserie chicken for easy and I only added two russet potatoes to mine.

Original recipe makes 8 servings    


  1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir carrot, celery, onion, and garlic into hot butter until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Stir flour into mixture to make a paste; cook until lightly browned and flour gives off a slightly toasted smell, about 5 minutes. Watch carefully, flour burns easily. Remove saucepan from heat and set aside to cool, about 15 minutes.
  2. Stir white and yellow corn, potatoes, chicken, and 3 cups of chicken stock in a large soup pot over medium heat. Whisk remaining 1 cup chicken stock into vegetables and flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir mixture into ingredients in soup pot. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, until thick, about 15 minutes.
  3. Stir half-and-half, nutmeg, salt, and black pepper into chowder. Bring back to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake